CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Vodka and Confusion

During my wild days in the good ol' STL my wing woman and I would frequently raise our glasses with the toast, "Here's to the men we love and here's to the men that love us, but the men we love aren't the men who love us, so fuck the men, let's drink to us!"

Little did I know that three years later I would still be using that toast...

Despite the fact that I have a few options for men, I find that those options open to me aren't what I want. I don't want a man I find boring and I don't want a self absorbed man and I don't want a man who plays games and I definitely don't want a man who is old enough to be my father.

I'm picky, I know - we all should be picky though. We shouldn't settle for just any guy, we should all stop and take a minute to decide where we'll draw our lines. It doesn't mean these lines can't be bent or stretched at times, but there should at least be lines - to determine what you will and will not put up with. There should be lines to keep you from getting hurt and to keep you from wasting your time. Lines are there so you have some guidelines when you date and you know when you've found a keeper versus when you need to let it go.

So what do I want? Well, right now I want the man who intrigues me - the man who does sweet things for me, but is oddly distant. I want the man who one day wants to spend time with me and the next day buries himself into his work and is all business - but who still delivers beautiful, thoughtful work specifically for me. I want the man that I can talk to for hours, who is sometimes in his own little world, and who doesn't always know what's going on, but who is still intelligent. I want the man can't decide what kind of pet to get, so he has a variety. I don't know if this is THE man for me, but right now, at this point in my life, that is what interests me.

The problem? Yep... the men we love aren't the men who love us...

Sometimes this happens and while I know, we all know, this just means the man/time/place is not for us - it's not right and there is nothing to do but move on. And it is all so much easier to say than do.

So here's to making bad decisions and wanting what you can't have - here's to "fuck the men" and drinking to us!

0 comments: